Freedom of Movement Restrictions Inhibit the Psychological Integration of Refugees (with Hanno Hilbig). The Journal of Politics (conditionally accepted). [Abstract]
Out-group Threat and Xenophobic Hate Crimes — Evidence of Local Intergroup Conflict Dynamics between Immigrants and Natives (with Daniel Bischof and Markus Wagner). R&R, American Journal of Political Science. [Abstract]
Media Monopolies Increase Misperceptions about Immigration: Evidence from German Local Newspapers (with Hanno Hilbig). [Abstract]
- Local Newspaper Decline and Political Polarization (with Fabio Ellger, Hanno Hilbig, and Philipp Tillmann) [Abstract]
- Refugee Labor Market Access Increases Support for Migration (with Anselm Hager and Hanno Hilbig). [Abstract]
- World War I, Nationalism, and the Rise of the Nazi Party (with Felix Haass, Alexander De Juan, Carlo Koos, and Thomas Tichelbaecker). [Abstract]
- After the Genocide: Proximity to Victims and Support for Transitional Justice (with Volha Charnysh). [Abstract]
- Measuring Electoral Bias against Candidate Traits (with Jorge M. Fernandes and Georgina Evans). [Abstract]
- Natural Disasters and Electoral Support for Green Parties - Evidence from the 2021 Flood in Germany (with Hanno Hilbig). [Abstract]
Work in Progress
- Indoctrination in Autocracies and Radical-Right Voting - Evidence from a Regression Kink Design (with Nourhan Elsayed, Hanno Hilbig, and Daniel Ziblatt). [Abstract]
- Electoral Effects of Local Exposure to Refugees (with Jeremy Ferwerda).
- Citizen Demands and Strategic Responsiveness in Autocratic Regimes - Evidence from the German Democratic Republic (with Hans Lueders and Hanno Hilbig). [Abstract]
Introduction to Data Science (Instructor: David Kane, Fall 2019)
Quantitative Social Science Methods I (Instructor: Gary King, Fall 2020)
This website uses the GitHub Pages minimal theme, and is inspired by Shiro Kuriwaki's website.